Local San Diego small businesses can greatly benefit from search engine optimization to help increase their market share and gain more potential customers.
1. Keyword Research: You should not begin the SEO process without first searching for keywords that are relevant to your product or service. The purpose of this exercise is to understand what potential customers are typing in the search engine to find your product, the competition for that keyword and how often it’s searched. This will give you a general idea of how much traffic you can attract to your website. Look for keywords with medium to low competition and the highest possible search volume.
2. Use Keywords In Content And Metadata: Now that you have selected the keywords, it’s time for you to utilize those keywords in the title tag, description tag, website title and content of your website.
3. Online Directories: Submit your company to online business directories, such as Google My Business and Apple Maps Connect, with backlinks to your website. These directories also allow you to show up when customers are in your local area, San Diego, while doing searches using the navigation apps. There are plenty of other business directories for which we can submit to in a simplified manner.
4. Create Backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites that link to your website. There are different techniques for gaining backlinks, such as creating directory listings, guest blogging and contributing to forums.
5. Social Media: I highly suggest you join social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn. Some channels may be more relevant to your business than others, but the bottom line is that there are many benefits to joining social networks as a business. They create strong backlinks to your site and allow you to directly communicate with your customers. These networks can spread word-of-mouth marketing exponentially compared to traditional word-of-mouth marketing.
6. Fresh Content: Never get complacent with your content. Regardless of your product or service, writing content and keeping your site fresh is important. The more valuable content you have on your website, the higher your chances of Google showcasing your content in the search results. For example, with a service like photography, most sites just showcase photos. You will be a step ahead of the rest if you also integrate editorial content and useful blog articles.
Slow and steady growth is what matters to the search engines and is what is needed to ensure naturally high rankings in the search engine results. Contact me today to discuss local seo for your San Diego business and how I can help you achieve more clients and higher market share.